- Don't stop working no matter what.
- Don't pay attention to how other people are succeeding; focus on your own successes.
- Do creative things like coloring.
- Read constantly and read everything: it's exercise.
- Write without the intention of publishing. Just write, because most likely you will produce a lot of crap. I did. Then I got better. Let yourself write crap and move on from it.
- Be okay with marketing yourself: it's a healthy form of egotism. You're an interesting person: people will want to get to know you.
- Be entertaining. Be crazy. Crazy is entertaining.
- Above all, and this is the hardest, don't be afraid. And write about the things that frighten you.
I'm Lady Ristretto, writing under a pseudonym. My pseudonym has a pseudonym.